I think I’ve got some kind of dead-of-winter cabin fever. The main symptom? Obsessive knitting. I’m stitching away, casting on and casting off, letting go of lost projects, swatching, daydreaming/planning and trying so hard to avoid acquiring any more yarn.
Turns out, this Knit Along has been a great way for me to schedule my knitting time. I get the clue on Monday and after I complete it, I have the rest of the week to work on other things. It’s kind of like when you were a kid and you could play only after you finished your homework. (Except in this case, your homework is just as fun.) The last clue is next week and then I’m back to my lackadaisical time management.
So what all has been going on in between clues?
- I finished a wee sweater.
- Decided to frog the fingerless gloves I started with Oliver and Abraham’s homespun and cast on (and finished!) a simple hat instead. (More on that soon.)
- Completed some more rows of my Jane Eyre Shawl.
- As well cast on for a pair of Skyp Socks, a Collins Brook Cowl, a Divinity Topand aClairette Cardigan!
- I also researched yarn for the Praline.
- And I am temped to knit all the Liesl patterns that are out there. (It only seems fitting, right?) Can you believe there is a cardigan, a cowl, a tunic, a shawl and a kerchief?
If you have a Ravelry account, you can check out all my projects and notes.