First of all, thank you so much for your kind words after my post last week. It might have seemed like I was fishing for those comments but in truth, I really do struggle a lot with what Liesl Made is anymore, considering I don’t make like I used to. I’ve heard a lot of people tell me the reason they keep coming to my blog is because of who I am. I guess I can get caught up in the stats aspect of blogging, which shows tutorials and sewing stuff are my most popular posts. But really, that traffic is just passers-through. The real connection lies with those of you who actually read these rambles. It’s funny how I share my favorite bloggers each week and the reason I like them so much is because of who they are not necessarily the specifics of what they are posting or doing with their lives. Some bloggers I’ve followed for years and their lives and paths have changed but I still enjoy reading about them, sharing with them. But yet I don’t offer myself that same realization. (Maybe it has to do with the fact that I feel more comfortable talking about what I make than myself or my journey?) I suppose a lot of you are right: even though this isn’t a crafting blog in the traditional sense, I am crafting a life, whether I’m knitting, sewing, gardening or whatever. I think both myself, and all of you, are looking for that in our lives, making an authentic life. So in that way, I am still Liesl Made. And I’m glad a handful of you still want to hang around.
I’ll be back with a post sharing what all has been going on around here and how, after writing that last post, I’ve been knitting a lot more. In the meantime, I thought I’d share a list of links and finds and other good things. (Although I haven’t been speaking up in the comments, I have indeed been following my favorite bloggers and sites.)
- I’ve made these GF pancakes a couple of times but substituted the sugar for sorghum molasses and added a bit of orange juice.
- Melody continually impresses me with her beautiful images and growing dreams.
- And the Roughdraft blog always has some helpful, insightful posts, like this one and this one.
- And this post by Natalie.
- Suzie of LaCoumeille sent me some of her delicious, soothing “We Float” tea and a vervain tincture.
- We’ve been saving egg shells to give the birds when they get old enough. But we go through A LOT of eggs (one of the main reason I pushed for chickens here) and I’m accumulating more than I can handle. So this post over at Tend is helpful in finding ways to use some up.
- While I sharing posts from Tend, this one looks good.
- And while I’m talking flower infused lemonade, there is this, too.
- And while I’m talking elderflower, there are so many recipes I want to try: cake // pie // crumble // mojito.
- This towel and this print are perfect.
- Knitted things found on Ravelry recently: Hip Kids Rose // Farm House Baby Blanket // Northport Blanket // ittybitty’s looking for summer/Palmyre // -dimoni-‘s Jeweled Cowl // Meri-Sloveig’s Tribe // Tempest Shawlette // nearly everything from Rowan 56 and BT Kids.
- Handmade loves include these earrings from L’AccentNou and these from aeodesigns // blucase makes some lovely cases // handknit turban headbands from Seaside Sauvage // watches from PetitJuJu .
- Things to sew: Reversible Box Tote from Very Shannon // Fringed Chambray Napkins from the Purl Bee // also from Purl Bee, these Modular Felt Coasters.
Now that I’ve thoroughly overwhelmed you with lovely finds, what have you found lately that you’d like to share?