October is RSV awareness month. RSV stands for respiratory syncytial virus and is the number one reason babies under 12 months are hospitalized. You can help spread awareness and keep preemies warm by knitting and crocheting items like hats, booties, and blankets for the Knit Big for Little Lungs drive in October.
- be sure to complete and mail your items by November 30th, 2017 to Knit Big for Little Lungs, P.O. Box 7588 Princeton, NJ 08543
- knit items yourself or gather up friends and host a "knit-in"
- Use the hashtag #littlelungs to spread awareness via social media
- not sure what to knit? Here is a classic NICU hat pattern.
- they'd prefer peach or mint/green colored yarn but any color will do
- here is a good resource for how to knit/crochet for preemies